The 4 th East Africa Water Summit was a hybrid private-public sectors initiative to bring together stakeholders in the water and sanitation industry in the East African region, for the purpose of sharing relevant experience, knowledge and technology to address the issue of sustainable water and sanitation in the face of climate change.
The summit comprised six main activities:
- EAWATERS Pre-Summit hosted by Kipya Africa in collaboration with Coca Cola
- Keynote Address; Official Opening of the 4 th East Africa Water Summit
- Exhibition Tour and Interaction with the Exhibitors
- Presentations and Panel Discussions
- Field Excursion to DOSHI Water HDPE Factory
- 4th East Africa Water Summit Cocktail Reception
The summit involved three days of intensive discussion on the issues facing the water sector in the East African Region, exhibitions of industry solutions to some of the challenges in the water sector and a field excursion to a water-solutions manufacturing plant.
The deliberations at the 4th East Africa Water Summit were structured around three pillars:
- Policy guidelines in the water and sanitation sectors to address climate change
- Technological innovations for access to sustainable water and sanitation in the face of climate change
- Finance mobilization in the water and sanitation sectors for climate-resilient programs and projects
The summit culminated in way forward discussions that developed specific strategies and action points to address water and sanitation challenges in the face of climate change in East Africa among other contemporary emerging issues.